is that the song that goes

Enas Aetos
Kathota, ne mwre kathotane
etc. etc. i dont know all the words but may be able to find them
Dancer/Teacher
Melbourne Australia

Yes this is the song.

and is quite popular with the greek clarinet fans.

ellinopaido wrote:is that the song that goes

Enas Aetos
Kathota, ne mwre kathotane
etc. etc. i dont know all the words but may be able to find them

that is my least favorite tsamikos and least passonate one to dance to as the words have no meaning to me other than some eagle was sitting in the sun picking his toes...Imo there are about 10k better tsamikos with better words and with meaning...Vastate tourki ta aloga is 1# for me...funny thing is my mom and dads village is named Aetos and guess what song i hear at the paniyiri every time i am there...puke...
Last night I was in my room staring at the stars and I wondered...Where is my ceiling...
When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.
- Socrates

Here you go, a good site to go to is www.kithara.gr

Ένας, μωρέ ένας, ένας αϊτός καθότανε

F Gm

ναι μωρέ, καθότανε

C F D Gm C F

Ένας αϊτός καθότανε στον ήλιο και

D Gm F Gm

λιαζότανε, ναι μωρέ, λιαζότανε

Και τσί-, μωρέ παιδιά, και τσίμπαγε

τα νύχια του, βρε τα νυχάκια του

Τσίμπαγε τα νυχάκια του τα νυχοπο-

δαράκια του, βρε, ποδαράκια του

Νύχια μου, ορέ παιδιά, νύχια μου και

νυχάκια μου, μωρέ, νυχάκια μου

Την πέρδικα που πιάσατε, να μη την ε-

χαλάσετε, μωρέ, χαλάσετε

I agree, it is one of my least favorite tsamikos to either dance or listen to, but the same song, i.e. lyrics, as a kalamatiano is great. Takis Karnavas sings a version on an old Panvox label LP (now an MP label CD)

Joe Graziosi

i got a new cd from that "saint" with karnavas ill check it out...
Last night I was in my room staring at the stars and I wondered...Where is my ceiling...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.

- Socrates

Re: Lyrics to Enas Aetos

Enas Aetos is the name and opening line from a pre-revolution (1821) Peloponissos Tsamiko. It is a thinly veiled mountain klepht (brigand) song encouraging the Greeks to rise up to destroy the Ottoman rule, to not let the small hit and run guerilla victories they had achieved stop there..

Roughly translated, with many slang intrusions, it says: "An Eagle sits, sits in the sun. You, Eagle, cleaning, cleaning your claws, sharpening your little claws. Don't let the Grouse you caught spoil, don't let it lie there too long..."

There are a group of klepht t's on this site: take a look. http://www.cafepress.com/enas_aetos.