WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS?!?!?

I haven't been on this forum in a LOOOONG time and was rather disappointed to see that I had to sift through mounds of SPAM and hackers. Can we get a moderator on to clean this up a bit?

Otherwise, I hope to see this site up and moving again like the days of old!
MONO MIA FORA ZOUME!!!

Re: WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS?!?!?

Hi all,

I don't have time to manage the forum. That's why I left it in the hands of some moderators. If we have volunteers for a new set of moderators, I would be happy to change them.

As for spam, we seem to have a problem that real users that are registering just to post spam. No longer spam bots. I could make the registration 'on admin approve only' but who would be approving the new user request in a short time frame?

Greek dancing is not a passion of mine. If the people who use the site don't step up then it's likely I will get bored fixing the problems.

Andreas
andreas
NEPOMAK, world organisation of young overseas cypriots

Re: WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS?!?!?

Hello everybody!

Andreas made me a moderator. Like many others, I too got frustrated with the spam. Between Monday-Thursday, all spam and unwanted users will be deleted within a 24-hour window. Any spam from Friday-Sunday will be deleted on Mondays. I have some offers to help and also become moderators. Let's build a team together of Greek dance/music/song/costume/literature/history enthusiasts and build the site to be THE site for dancers and instructors all over the world to share their experiences and their knowledge.

I need your help to get everyone back on the site. Facebook is great for everyday chat, but here, users can look back and read posts and use as reference. I'm also not on Facebook, and like many others, are missing out on great discussions.

Please help me in redirecting everyone from Facebook over to greekdancing.org again. I have sent out similar private messages and emails to other users of this site. There are so many of us that do not have the necessary opportunities to travel and take part in as many conferences as we would like to learn, so let's make this a forum to be appreciated and respected for the wealth of knowledge it can bring to so many. Let's bring back this great site!

Thanks!

Stasi
Anastasia Veloudos-Laplante
Co-Founder and Instructor
Paradosi Hellenic Dance Company
http://www.paradosihdc.com
Director
St. Panteleimon, Anna & Paraskevi
Greek Orthodox Church
Markham, Ontario
Canada