La Troupe Folklorique Grecque Syrtaki cordially invites you and your families to the vibrant city of Montreal, Canada to attend its third Hellenic Cultural Conference Laografia. From May 15-18, 2015, during the Victoria Day long weekend, this unique conference will bring together friends from across North America and Greece to share their passion for Hellenic culture and heritage. Laografia will focus on various folkloric aspects including dance, song, music, costumes and customs.
Participants will experience the diversity and richness of the Hellenic culture during a great weekend comprised of educational workshops and memorable social events. Proudly, we welcome, from Greece and the United States, four specialized teachers who have devoted their lives to preserving and promoting Hellenism: Yvonne Hunt (Pontismeno & Sidirokastro, Serres), Roula Hatzikonstantinou (Tilos, Nisyros, Kos), Thanasis Karpouzis (Andros) and Dimitris (Tzimis) Ilias (Megara).
The 4-day bilingual conference will also be highlighted by nine extraordinary musicians from Greece and Montreal: Areti Ketime, Nikos Filippidis, Kostas Filippidis, Giorgos Marinakis, Giannis Gevgelis and Diesi.
The 2015 Laografia conference package includes:
- four workshops featuring 6 regions of Greece
- Friday night intimate concert featuring the talented Areti Ketime
- Saturday night glenti including supper, featuring the local traditional band Diesi
- Sunday night glenti including supper, featuring the five musicians from Greece
- workshop material including music
- official Laografia 2015 t-shirt and commemorative album
- meals, snacks and refreshments
- performances by local and invited dance troupes
The fun-filled weekend will bring together new and old friends in one of the great Greek cultural hubs of North America. So, bring your dancing shoes and take advantage of the opportunity to interact, dance and sing with the wonderful experts from Greece and the many that will be joining you from across Canada and the United States. We also invite you to bring your family along (we offer great chaperone rates!!) so they too, can experience a memorable Greek family-bonding weekend vacation.
Please visit http://www.laografia.org for further information about the instructors, musicians and to register!
- Greek Dance Teacher Support
- - Music & Song Sources
- - Costume Sources
- - Books and Literature
- Specialist Dance Areas
- - Dances from Thrace
- - Dances from Macedonia
- - Dances from Epirus
- - Dance from Thessaly
- - Dances from Central Greece
- - Dances from Peloponnese
- - Island Dances - Nisiotika
- - Dances from Asia Minor, including Pontos
- - Dances from Cyprus
- Country based discussion
- - Greek Dance in England
- - Greek Dance in Australia
- - Greek Dance in Canada
- - Greek Dance in the USA
- - Greek Dance around the World
- - Kafenio - General Chat
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest