Costume books

Melissa Publications produced two books on greek costumes (two large hard covered volumes)

now from memory they are foresyes me sigouni and foreseyes me kavadi?

Does anyone know where these can be purchased from? Have they reprinted them?

Hatzimihalis? Hatziyiannis? was the author? I think...

Please shed some light! I have photocopies of sections of it people have sent me but would like to own the set...
Vasilios ALIGIANNIS
http://www.greekdancing.com.au
Director Pan-Macedonian Hellenic Lyceum Of NSW
Dance Instructor of the Illion Association O HERMES
Director of the Institute of Hellenic Dance and Culture - Greek Folk Dancers of NSW

can i have the title of the books and name of author and ISBN numbers if possible... i have a friend going to Greece this Monday and they are willing to go shopping for me (my shopping lists is about 40 items) poor girl will die! heheheheheh!!!!!
Vasilios ALIGIANNIS
Director of the Institute of Hellenic Dance and Culture - Greek Folk Dancers of NSW

I know i have seen them once before but lost the details - they were produced in both Greek or English versions and white hardcover... well she owes me! ;-)

She never complains when i ask her to do my shopping! She buys a copy for herself as well be it cds books resources anything....

I also wanna see if i can get my hands on some of the newer Lykeio Ellinidon resourse - eg Boules cd + Book, I also heard they were producing or produced a book and cd with music + songs+dances of Lazarines etc

its all good

Yvonne before i forget - did you find Mario Sofronious number in Cyprus - and if its not too hard the address or phone numbers of the abovementioned bookshops - even if its a street name..lol... thanks heaps
Vasilios ALIGIANNIS

books

Hi Vas,

Decided to answer here instead of a pm. The books were published in both English and Greek. There are no ISBN numbers. You can't imagine what I went through to get the Syllogos in Skotoussa to get one for the Greek edition of my book.

Anyway, supposing they are still located in the same place, here is Melissa's address and phone number:

10 Navarinou St.
10680 Athens phone: 210-36-00-865

The second volume was published in 1984; if I remember correctly, the first volume came out about 2 years prior to that.

The info for Ianos:

Aristotelous 7
Thessaloniki 546 24 phone: 2310-277 004 or fax 2310 284 832

their Athens branch:

Stadiou 24
Athens 10564 phone: 210 321 7917 or fax 210 321 7686

Eleftheroudakis is also on Stadiou. I think they even have a website.

If I remember correctly I saw the Boules double CD and book either at Ianos in Thessaloniki or at Studio 52 (check their website). I have no knowledge about a Lazarina book or CD; if you find out, let me know.

Sorry but haven't been able to find Marios' info as of yet. Post something on the Cyprus section here asking for someone to get it for you. When you reach him, greet him for me and also give me his info.

Filakia,
Yvonne

Yvonne

Re: Lazarines
double CD: Fones Tis Dhitikis Makedhonias Aiani- Lefkoighi-Sarakina
Lykeion ton Hellenidon LCGW 119, 120

CD: "Latzar's" yinekes tou Melissohoriou traghudhun ta: Lararitika-Vaitika traghudhia tis Baltzias Dimos Mygdonias 2000

Happy hunting

Joe Graziosi

yvonne i manage to read books from cover to cover! lol im now satisfied and need to get my hands on something else to read any recommendations????

lol
Vasilios ALIGIANNIS